- to check out what beaches or waterways are safe for swimming visit the Hawke's Bay Regional Council website
- At any river or beach you are at - has it rained in the area in the last 3 days? can you see your toes when you stand in the water (up to about mid calf if it's safe to do so)? If it's been raining or you cannot see your feet, it could be better to swim somewhere else.
- Phone the 0800 B4U Swim line 24 hrs (0800 248 7946) or (06) 878 1368 for info on beaches which had water quality issues at the last Monday monitoring.
- Signage at locations with regular water quality problems.
- Food safety is about making sure that food products are safe to eat.
- Put simply it means taking care with all aspects of food production and preparation< find out more >
Contact the Public Health Unit on 06 834 1815