BEYOND BASIC - Mechanical Ventilation
A 2 day course suitable for senior trainees in Intensive Care Medicine, Anaesthesia or other acute disciplines; as a refresher for Intensive Care or Respiratory Physicians, Consultant Anaesthetists, and experienced intensive care nurses.
2019 Dates: 25-26 July
VENUE Hawke’s Bay (Hawke’s Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Education Centre, Peter Lloyd Auditorium). Download information sheet.
Numbers are strictly limited.
Course includes pre-course reading, lectures, skill stations, learning assessment. Candidates should have attended a BASIC course prior to the Beyond BASIC course. Participants must have read the textbook and have completed an online MCQ test prior to attending the course.
- Applied respiratory physiology, Acute respiratory failure, Heart-lung interactions
- Advanced airway management, Humidification, Basics of mechanical ventilation
- Assist control modes: volume control, pressure control, pressure regulated volume control
- SIMV and assist modes including pressure support, volume support and neurally adjusted ventilatory assist
- Other modes: adaptive support ventilation, bilevel airway pressure
- Ventilator settings
- Sedation and paralysis
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Respiratory monitoring including waveform analysis
- ARDS, Unilateral lung disease, Obstructive airways disease
FEE $300 (before25/5/2019) $450 (before 25/6/2019)